Saturday, May 18, 2013

Flip Flop Home Decor

Hi everyone!
Happy Saturday!
It's Stacey from Stacey's Creative Corner
and I am so happy to be back on the Joy's Life Design Team!

Today I get to show you a home decor item that I made using those awesome Joy's Life Stamps!
I decided that I wanted to create something for my front porch so I enlisted the help of my hubby.

He was able to cut a flip flop shape for me out of some scrap wood so that I could decorate it.


I simply painted my flip flop base with some acrylic paints and then glued the two pieces together with some wood glue.
I found a cute little wood dragonfly and flower at my craft store and painted them and attached them onto the flip flop with more wood glue. 
This is what it looks like after it has been painted and assembled:


I added some stickles to give my dragonfly and flower a little sparkle. This is hanging up on my front porch that stays shaded all summer.

For the center of my flower, I stamped "ENJOY THE SUMMER" which can be found in the
Pun In The Sun Stamp Set


I think that sentiment finished off my flip flop perfectly and it stamped so easily onto my wood flower.

Pun In The Sun is perfect for all your summer crafting needs :) 

You can see all of Joy's Products by clicking HERE

For more info on my project, check out my blog post HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!

2 comments: