Friday, November 30, 2012

Paper Purse from 12x12 and Embossed Mini Cards

Hello!  I am June Houck and this is my first post as a Joy's Life design team member.
I enjoy making teacher gifts like this paper purse filled with four 3x3 cards.

The paper purse was created with one sheet of Lori Whitlock's Winter Park "Ski Lodge" 12x12 paper.
The red solid on the mini cards is also Lori Whitlock's Winter Park collection.

I stamped my Joy's Life "Wintery Puns" sentiment, then used my snowflake embossing folder on the top and bottom.  Then I brushed the raised snowflakes with my white ink pad for dimension.

To create the paper purse:
Score 1" on two opposite sides of your 12x12 paper.  Fold and adhere.
Score at 3.5" on the two sides that were not folded.  Fold and adhere (they will overlap.)
Fold in half (@ 5") and score 3/4" on either side of the center fold.
Fold these back to create the pleated bottom of the bag (see picture.)
Adhere the two center parts of the bag at the top, creating two pockets.
Punch slits on both sides, and secure ribbon inside the bag with strong adhesive.
(I have a more detailed picture tutorial on my blog.)

Fill pockets, and you are finished!

Thank you for stopping by.  Don't forget to check out all of the Joy's Life stamp sets; I already gave my wish list to Santa :)

5 comments:

  1. June,
    This is so pretty! I super love it!
    ~Joy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable and what a "classy" way to present a gift to that special person. June, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG--cute, charming, and adorable! Great job June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute are these little purses!! :)
    Deb
    bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete