Monday, November 11, 2013

A Veteran's Day Thank You


Happy Monday, Joy's Life fans.  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.
Today is Veteran's Day, and it's a big day at the nursing home. There are many Veterans where I work.  Fewer and fewer of them are WWII veterans, but there still are quite a few.  They are a generation where defending their country didn't feel like a choice to them, it felt like a duty.  Saying thanks seems like the least we can do for our veterans.  They have given so much for our freedom.
My father is a veteran, and will be at the Veteran's Day Program at the nursing home today.  Sometime during the day, I'm going to slip him this little treat box, just so he knows I love him, and I'm thankful for him.
 
 
I put some of his favorite chocolates in the box.  He'll be happy!
I used the Joy's Life stamp set, "It's All Fall Puns" on the sentiment.
I cut this box out on my Silhouette.  Here's another view of the box:
 
 
If you'd like more details about this treat box, please visit my blog
 Don't forget to thank a Veteran today -- and everyday.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment