Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sympathy Card

Gosh, I hate to be depressing but at some time we all do need a sympathy card.  I noticed a lot of comments on the posts below stating that people would like to see more sympathy card ideas.  They are always so hard to make, aren't they?  Your heart just aches for the person's loss and it seems that no words are sufficient.  Having lost my father, I can tell you that "I'm sorry", "thinking of you", "You're in our thoughts and prayers", things like that are just fine.  It's just important that you let the person who is suffering a loss know that you are thinking of them.  The worst thing to do and I'm guilty of it myself, is to not send a card because you've spent forever trying to come up with the perfect words.  Send the card!  I need to go make one ...and it's late...so I know what I'm talking about. Bad me!  Don't be like me...send the card!

Here's a card I made a few years ago using the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge.


If you'd like to read more about the card ... click here
I'll be working on another sympathy card soon using my Silhouette Cameo.  I'll update this post with a link to that creation as soon as I have it ready.


OK...ENOUGH SADNESS!  DID YOU SEE THE GIVE AWAY?  Well, go leave a comment HERE to be eligible for a cool ribbon storage prize.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, sympathy cards are so very hard to make, hard to know what to say, but having received them, it does mean the world! Thanks for another idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I also have struggled with making sympathy cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    I don't have that cartridge, but I followed the link on the older post, and saw all the images available on this cart, and I may have to add this one to my list.

    Thanks
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joy, your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and is that a new stamp I see :0)..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, I agree they are sooo hard to make,
    TFS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete