Monday, October 28, 2013

Give Thanks!


Hello, crafty friends.  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  This week, the Joy's Life design team is featuring projects with the theme "Around the House".  I have to tell you, the first thing that came to mind for me was how much cleaning could be done around my house!  Maybe if I stayed home and didn't craft all the time when I WAS home.  Oh well! It just gets dusty again anyway.
So, after much hemming and hawing, stumbling and bumbling, I decided I wanted to make a little something for the end table by our couch in the living room. I found a cutting file for an acorn box -- a perfect Fall decoration that I could cut out on my Silhouette -- and I went with that.
 
 
I used the Joy's Life Stamp Set "It's All Fall Puns" for the sentiment on my acorn shaped box.

 
Here's a close up of the sentiment:
 
 
I love the  Autumn feel the painted leaves gave to this project. I have one more view of the box that shows the shape a little better and I'll leave you with that....
 

And, that's it for today. If you'd like more details about this acorn box, or to see what else I've been working on, please visit my blog. Don't forget to stop by each day of the week to see the rest of the creations from the Joy's Life Design Team. 


No comments:

Post a Comment