Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all -- Ombre style

 
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had some crafty time this weekend!  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers, and I'm thinking Ombre.
When I first heard this word used in scrapbooking/cardmaking/paper  crafting circles, I thought it was being used incorrectly.  Surely they were talking a Mexican food?  Or a place to visit?  A card game?  The definition of ombre is the French word for color that is shaded or graduated in tone.
I had a few ideas of how I wanted to accomplish the ombre technique, but after much thought, decided on accomplishing it this way:
 

I used various cardstock colors, shading from light to dark, for the ombre look. The letters were cut out on my Silhouette Cameo.
The sentiment is stamped on Kraft paper, and is from the Joy's
   Life stamp set, "It's All Fall Puns" has so many great sentiments for Fall.  You can find it, and all of Joy's wonderful stamps, here in her store.
 
 
I made this card large enough to fit in a business size envelope, so there's lots of card to work with. 
You'll see other great ombre techniques from the rest of the team this week, so please stop by each day.  We love visitors! 
You'll find more details about this card, and other projects I'm working on, over on my blog.
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment