Sunday, February 3, 2013

Where's the remote?

Debbie from Bugjuiced sharing another really cute project with you all. I used the stamp set "Tag Your It One" and as soon as I read the stamp I was going to use I thought immediately about the retro style tv! I love retro things and so this was an easy one for me to plan.

Now on the left side here you can see the cuts were so small I didn't get all the little squares out but I took my scissors and went over it and lots popped out but I liked the way it looked leaving it all roughed up because it looks like that old fabric that would get frayed and was scratchy that was on those old tv, speakers etc. (I am so showing my age here) So I didn't redo it. 

The sentiment was Perfect for this!! I like the colors too because they are the colors you would see back in those days! 

I purchased the retro tv on silhouettes website. I broke it apart and then I sliced off the antenna and then duplicated and welded the the remainder to create the base. Then I did another layer that had the antenna hooked it it. Used the piece I sliced off the top to cut another set of antenna's for the gray layer. It really was simple to do it all. 

Its nice that you can manipulate these files and then end up creating so much more with them!! I am loving this cameo! 

Hope you enjoy this little card and stop by the my blog and leave me some love! I really appreciate you all!


Stop over and grab yourself some Joys Life stamps so you can create some great little projects!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute project. Love the tv. reminds me of our childhood days. TFS

    ReplyDelete