Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stamp Masked What's the Buzz card

Hello everyone! Megan here with my first design team post! I am so excited to be working with Joy's Life stamps! I wanted to try something a little different for me. Here is what I came up with.
I cut the bee with my cricut, then I used the negative as a mask. I stamped the what's the buzz sentiment on a scrap paper and cut out the 'buzz' part so that I could use that as an additional mask. Then I stamped 'buzz' in two different colors of ink all over the bee body. Then I traced around the masked edge with a black pan to create a defined border. Finally, I cut apart the bee body that was cut by the cricut, and added the stripes, antennae and tail.
  

You can find the 'What's the Buzz?' stamp on the You're So Punny set.


3 comments:

  1. Really awesome technique!! Great card!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The masking effect is sooooooo cool Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool. Love the mask effect.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete