Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thank you SNOW much

Hello everyone! Laura here from Laura's Crafts & More...This week the DT is showing off some tips & techniques that we love! Ok so today is not my "normal" day to post for Joy's Life DT but when I went to write my post on Monday night...my blog was GONE!!! I was freaking out! SO I put a call into my Comp Tech guy AKA my brother :) and he said he was "moving the domain..." but all I heard was blah, blah blah...kind of like Charlie Brown's teachers!! Needless to say he fixed it and I am back up & running! Yay!! :) SO now for my technique! 

I am doing a "new to me" technique that I just fell in love with! It is called "Glazed Window" (I seriously meant to take WAY more pics, but I started and kept forgetting about taking pics! Not used to doing that!!) You will need: Acetate, Glossy Accents, Re-inkers, Dry Glitter and Tissue Paper


Squeeze out about a quarter size circle of Glossy Accents and add a few drops of re-inkers....You can see the colors I used here

Next, I used my most versatile & handy tool in my craft room...my finger!! Get in there and get messy!! Rub it all around making sure the edges are covered also.

Then sprinkle some glitter over all the "goo"! I used silver here but clear also looks good too!


Next, crinkle up a sheet of cut to size tissue paper, then straighten it out and place it over all your "goo"



With your fingers again, tap all around the tissue paper until it's all pressed down.

Let dry (this could take a while depending on how much Glossy Accents you used)...then trim access tissue paper off the edges.

Adhere to a white piece of cardstock (I used 4 1/4" x 5 1/2") adding the white behind really makes your colors pop but experiment with other colors too! Now finish your card...





And here is a close-up of the super cute stamp!! 






To see all of Joy's amazing products please visit Joy's blog HERE...


Thanks for visiting & let me know if you tried this! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment