Saturday, December 15, 2012

Using the negative of a die-cut

Hello! This is Patty from the Crafty Kitten with my technique for the week.  I'm going to show you how to use a die cut in a different way.

I turned to my trusty Cameo for this project.  Using the drawing tool, I made a rectangle the size that I needed.



Using one the of tree files available in the Silhouette online store,  I  enlarged, centered it in the rectangle, and then cut it from white card stock.


I marked the green card stock where the tree would be positioned and began to cover the background with Washi  tape.  (If you are in a big hurry, you can use printed card stock.)

 

It was at this point that I realized the tape was semi-transparent and the green card stock was showing through.  I changed plans and used the white die cut as a base to lay the tape so the true color of the Washi tape showed through. 


I used the pencil marks to place the tree onto the card.  Afterwards, I taped the stamped frame to the card and added the glitter star.  This is how it looks after it is assembled.  

I chose this stamp from Joy's new Oh, Christmas Puns for my card.  Works perfectly!


Well, I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial.  If you decide to try this, with all the beautiful Washi Tape and papers out there now, I think you'll be happy with the results!

1 comment: