Saturday, December 15, 2012

3D Scallop Circle Technique - slot punch


It's technique/tip week at Joy's Life design team blog...
have you seen the fab creations by my DT sisters?
   Hello, this is June Houck with a scalloped circle technique.

Recently a friend asked me to create a "flat" card for
easy mailing.

Funny how my style has changed; I used to plan all of my cards around easy mailing and now I just don't concern myself with it. 

Creating an easy-to-mail card with some 3D appeal seemed
like a monumental task!

I noticed this sweet "Hugs & Kisses" font and 
immediately thought to make my first Valentine
for the upcoming winter from "Wintery Puns":


3D Scalloped Circle Technique tutorial:
  1. Using a circle punch or die cutting system, cut a 2 1/4" circle.  (You could use Creative Memories green blade and the medium circle OR your Cricut machine and the "center point" function.)
  2. Insert slot punch, sliding up ~ 1/8" up from the edge of your circle; start at 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock.
  3. Add two more punches in between each of the four existing slots.
  4. Cut a 2 1/2" circle as your "window"; I like the contrast of the white and black card stock.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!  Thanks for stopping by.


Happy Saturday!  June

1 comment:

  1. June,
    That is such a great idea! Thank you for teaching that technique! I'm going to try and remember to use it. It really is super cool. :)
    ~Joy~

    ReplyDelete